Sunday, January 30, 2011
Baked Potato Skins
When the kids and the hubby go to our local Pizza Hut, we usually order assorted appetizers. One of our favorite appetizers is the Baked Potato Skins. Since we have a dearth of potatoes at the house at the moment, I decided to fix it for our afternoon snack.
What you need:
Whole Cooked Potatoes with their skins on them (Baked, Steamed or Boiled)
Oil (Bacon or vegetable oil)
Savory toppings such as Bacon, Sausage, Pepperoni, etc.
How to fix it:
1. Take a cooked potato, and cut it in half.
2. Hollow it out with a spoon. Make sure you leave about half a centimeter of potato flesh on the skin. Do that with the rest of the potatoes.
3. Take a baking tray and lightly grease with oil. I believe bacon grease is the best but that is just me.
4. Put the potatoes, cut side down, on the baking tray and baked it in a 350 degree F oven for 5-10 minutes until the skin gets crispy.
5. Turn it over and add your cheese first and then add your savory topping. Make sure the cheese covers the entire potato bottom.
6. Bake the loaded potatoes for about 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is golden. Take out the finished potatoes and wait for about 3-4 minutes before serving (the hot cheese would be molten and would burn eager tongues and lips).